You can meal prep on Sunday and have a healthy, balanced breakfast for the whole week!
Servings 8 servings
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes peeled and chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium bell pepper diced
- 3 cups brussel sprouts or broccoli chopped
- 1 large yellow onion peeled and dices
- 8 oz (226g) chicken breakfast sausage chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Bake sweet potato on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 30-40 minutes (until lightly browned and tender).
Saute the veggies over medium-high heat until soft.
Spray 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
Line the dish with sweet potato, then add veggies and chicken sausage.
Combine the egg and egg whites and pour into the baking dish.
Bake breakfast casserole for 20-30 minutes (until firm and lightly browned).
Top with cheese and bake until melted (about 3-5 minutes).