Video content means a wider audience reach and helps solidify nutrition expertise at your affiliate.
Building a robust nutrition component into a CrossFit affiliate means having a variety of avenues to support members, including blog posts, one-on-one meetings, social media, and video content, just to name a few. One avenue that affiliates can use to establish expertise in nutrition is building video content. Short, specific, and targeted videos can support members on their nutrition journey and answer questions that may arise.
The Purpose of Videos
Nutrition videos are a resource that are more likely to be shared with others, extending your outreach to people that may not be familiar with your program yet. In most cases, people are more likely to watch the video content than read extended text. If your goal is to become the area expert in nutrition for your members and potential members, video content is a quick and easy way to reach many people in a few short minutes.
There are a few key elements to keep in mind when creating video content that will ensure it reaches a wider audience and lead to action.
- Catchy Caption or Title- Encourage to viewers to open the message with a catchy caption that would pique their interest.
- Address Common Questions- Consider common questions that arise are your affiliate and answer the in 60 seconds or less.
- Call to Action- Include a call to action in every video, such as “If you are looking to find out more, schedule a free consultation.”
- Linking- Link the video to the website sign-up page, and also social media.
- Video Quality- Develop a set process, which includes a steady camera and a clear voice. This may take some practice at first.
- Be Yourself- You are presenting your affiliate and building expertise. Be yourself and try not to sound too scripted.
- Be Prepared- Write down two to three bullet points before you start so you can deliver a concise message.
Here are just a few examples of some of our more popular videos.