170g per serving
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 packets chili seasoning
- 1 whole red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 whole jalapeno, minced (with seeds for heat)
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes of your choice (we like fire roasted)
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 14oz can chili beans or red beans (rinse the beans from can with water)
- In a large skillet, brown ground turkey until it is cooked. Strain grease. Place back in pan.
- Add red or orange pepper, onion, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Place all ingredients from skillet into crockpot. Add canned tomatoes, water and chili seasoning. Stir well.
- Cook in covered crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Approx 10 minutes before serving, add beans to mix.