Paleo Apple Cinnamon "Oatmeal"
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 8 hours 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 6 medium apples chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup raisins seedless
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- Soak cashews in water overnight (8-10 hours).
- In a large pot combine chopped apples, raisins, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Pour in water and cook on medium, stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes, until apples and raisins are soft.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Blend apple raisin mixture until desired consistency in a food processor or with an immersion blender.
- Add soaked cashews to the mixture and pulse a few times but keep mixture chunky (similar to consistency of oatmeal).
- Serve warm with your favorite toppings (not included in nutrition facts).