White Bean Chicken Chili
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
Total Time 8 hours 20 minutes
Servings 8 (350g) each
- 1 whole Onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14.5 oz can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 14.5 oz can reduced sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 15 oz can corn kernels, drain and rinsed
- 2 15 oz can white beans, cannellini, drain and rinse
- 4 large organic chicken breasts approx 2-2.5 pounds
Making the Roux
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 cup reduced fat milk
- 4 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp chicken bouilon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 7 oz plain Greek yogurt 1 small container
- Place the 4 raw chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot, cover with all of the spices on top, then throw in the rest of the ingredients before the cream base roux.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, slowly whisk in the flour and allow it to bubble and brown a little. Approx 3-5 minutes. Next, whisk in milk, cream, chicken bullion, yogurt and black pepper. Simmer another 4-5 minutes.
- Pour roux mixture into crockpot. Shred the chicken with two forks and allow the sauce to thicken while cooking on low for another hour. It may be easier to remove the chicken and shred over a pan or plate and then place back in crockpot.
- Additional toppings not listed could be: cilantro, cheese, hot sauce or tortilla strips! (Nutrition facts not included for toppings)
- Enjoy our favorite winter chicken chili recipe! Servings are based off of 350 grams each!