- 3 zucchini medium
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmasean grated
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 jar tomato based marinara sauce
- Place a kitchen towel inside a medium bowl and grate zucchini into the towel. Add salt and pepper to taste and squeeze zucchini with towel to remove excess water.
- Add zucchini to a fresh bowl and mix with garlic, panko, and Parmesan, plus any other desired seasonings or herbs. Season with salt and pepper and form into a dozen small balls.
- Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry meatballs on all sides until golden brown, roughly 8-10 minutes.
- Drain meatballs and pat with paper towels. Wipe skillet clean or transfer meatballs to another clean skillet and pour in pasta sauce. Add zucchini balls to sauce and turn to medium heat.
- Let simmer in sauce for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is warmed all the way through. Top with grated Parmesan and enjoy!