- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1-2 cups chopped celery
- 1 (14 oz) package cajun hot andouille sausage
- 1 (13 oz) package turkey sausage
- 2 (8 oz) grilled chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 2 cobs fresh corn
- 1 (28 oz) large can crushed tomatoes
- 1-1.5 lbs medium-large shrimp peeled, without tail
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the sausage into rings or half-moons.
- In a large pot or skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and add the sausage. Cook over medium heat for approx 5-10 minutes or until cooked.
- Dice the onion, peppers and celery and add it to the sausage.
- Cook it with the sausage for 5-10 mins or until soft.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cut the corn off the cob.
- Add the corn to the pot along with the crushed tomatoes, and a bunch of thyme.
- Allow all the ingredients to cook together for approximately 10 minutes
- In a separate pan, sauté the shrimp until cooked.
- Drain and add them to the Jambalaya mixture.
- Add in diced grilled chicken and serve.