Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 8 hours 10 minutes
Servings 16 servings
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp tamari sauce (or coconut aminos or soy sauce)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Soak the almonds in the water for 8 to 12 hours.
- Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Transfer the almonds to a food processor or blender and pulse a few times (just until coarsely chopped).
- Add the tomato, onion, lemon juice, garlic and cayenne then pulse until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Serve with fresh vegetables (bell pepper, cucumber, carrot sticks, celery or snap pea pods), spread on a rice cake or dollop on top of your favorite salad (not included in nutrition facts).
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Note: almond pate will keep for 7 to 10 days.
- *1 serving = 1 tbsp