Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cans low sodium black beans
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. siracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. olive oil for cooking burgers
- Mash black beans with a fork in a medium bowl.
- Next, add breadcrumbs, seasonings, sriracha, onion, carrots, breadcrumbs, and egg and mix well.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium high heat and cook burgers one by one for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
*Serve on top a bed of greens rather than a hamburger bun. These burgers are great to make ahead of time and freeze for later use.