Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers halved
- 1.5 tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinse and drained
- 3 cups baby spinach chopped
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a thin layer of oil on a baking dish.
- Slice in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, wash and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin and paprika, season with salt & pepper, and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, spinach, quinoa, and tomatoes, and mix together to fully combine. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in fresh cilantro.
- Use a spoon to fill peppers with quinoa stuffing.
- Arrange peppers in a large baking dish and cover with tinfoil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove peppers from the oven. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately.