Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Turkey Sausage Bolognese
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings 8 Servings
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Italian Parsely coarsely chopped
- 2.5 Pounds Turkey or Chicken Sausage low sodium (hot or mild) REMOVE CASING
- 1 12oz jar/can Artichoke hearts drained and diced
- 1 8oz jar Sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 5oz container plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Large tomatoes coarsely chopped
- Remove sausage casing: Cut almost in half lengthwise (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away.
- Pre-heat large skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat and cook turkey sausage while breaking it apart. Drain excess grease and place meat back in pan.
- Stir in garlic, peppers, tomatoes, pesto and artichokes. Cook approx. 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt and heavy whipping cream. Add the liquid mix to the pan and stir over low-medium heat for approx 3-4 minutes or until thickens. Stir in pepper and parsley!
- Serve over Spaghetti Squash! (Optional) sprinkle shredded Parmesan over top.