- 16 slices thin whole wheat bread dried out
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 6 tbs. butter melted
- 2 tbs. fresh parsley
- 1 tbs. fresh rosemary
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauce pan heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and garlic until softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add in parsley, rosemary, thyme, and marjoram, cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- While vegetables are cooking cut dried bread into small cubes and place into a large bowl.
- Pour vegetable mixture over bread and stir to coat.
- Place broth, salt, pepper, and egg into bread mixture and stir to coat well.
- Place stuffing mixture into a buttered baking dish.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of melted butter evenly over stuffing.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes until top of stuffing is browned.