Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds organic ground beef 90/10
- 1 white/sweet onion diced
- 2 bell peppers diced red, green, orange or yellow
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cups organic ketchup
- 2 tbsp organic honey
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup water
- Place 1 tbsp butter and garlic in saute pan and brown the ground beef. Drain and keep separate.
- Place tomato paste in saute pan with remaining butter. Add onion and bell pepper. Saute until vegetables are soft, approx 5 minutes. Meanwhile, place all liquid ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the ground beef mixture back into the onion, tomato paste and bell peppers.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients into the beef mixture. Stir. Then stir in the liquids, including the water.
- Cook over medium heat until the desired thickness of the sauce is reduced to your liking.
*Note: 1 serving is approximately 200g